Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Iran Policy: What is the End Game?
What do you all see as the likely outcome of Trump's Iran policy?

I can't see how Trump pulling us out of the deal is helping anything.

Is the outcome going to be an Iran that is even closer to having nukes? That's how it looks to me.
Is it that we finally force Iran to stop supporting terrorism and war? That doesn't seem likely.
Is it regime change? Again, it doesn't seem likely.
Is it war against Iran, like some of his advisors want? I don't sense any appetite for this from the President or the people.

What is the end game?
Is Iran desirous of having nuclear weapons? Did they have a program aimed at that prior to the agreement?

If they didn't, what did the agreement do?
(06-17-2019, 11:38 AM)JamesWright Wrote: What do you all see as the likely outcome of Trump's Iran policy?

Is the outcome going to be an Iran that is even closer to having nukes? That's how it looks to me.
Is it that we finally force Iran to stop supporting terrorism and war? That doesn't seem likely.
Is it war against Iran, like some of his advisors want? I don't sense any appetite for this from the President or the people.

What is the end game?
The end game is to get Iran to be a member of the world community that doesn't sponsor terror, detonate mines on ships, take sailors hostage, or try and develop nukes...has anyone succeeded with them ever?
Make America Honest Again
(06-17-2019, 11:38 AM)JamesWright Wrote: What do you all see as the likely outcome of Trump's Iran policy?

What is the end game?

Mr. One hit wonder!!

What was the Iranian nuclear deal?

The Iran nuclear deal was [b]an agreement between the Islamic Republic and a group of world powers aimed at scrapping the Middle Eastern country's nuclear weapons programme[/b]. The deal saw Iran agree to eliminate its stockpile of medium-enriched uranium by 98 per cent

Iran has 10x the amount of enriched uranium now that what they did in 2015. I guess that treaty worked out well didn't it!
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
Read the Wolfowitz Documents. It clearly defines the entire plan for the ME. It went in effect when the former Soviet Union collapsed.

A list of counties in the plan. (April 1990). Recognize any?

Iraq
Egypt
Libya
Yemen
Syria
Iran
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
We have an ongoing thread on Iran. You should have posted your question there.
(06-17-2019, 11:58 AM)zigbee Wrote:

What is the end game?
The end game is to get Iran to be a member of the world community that doesn't sponsor terror, detonate mines on ships, take sailors hostage, or try and develop nukes...has anyone succeeded with them ever?

Amen.
Hit and run........I wish we could get some Liberals in here that would discuss......
The "deal". LOL. Here take your money back and use it for terrorism and we'll look the other way on that and your nuclear program. Carteresque. 
The plan seems to be to continue pressure until real results are achieved. If no results continue pressure. I don't know of a third way but this is far better than the Kerry/Obama joke. They make Neville Chamberlain look good.
OK.....I'll give an answer to the question What was Trump's Endgame for Iran?

I believe that the Trump administration felt that the Iran deal pushed by Kerry and agreed to by the Obama administration placed constraints on US policy regarding Iran, and, while, on paper, placed constraints on Iran as well, they were not firm enough nor were they trackable enough to be adequately enforced. As a result, all the agreement did was provide cover for Iran to say to the world "We are abiding by this agreement" all the while they continued their practices of enriching uranium and being a state sponsor of terror. If we remained in the agreement, we were bound by it and could not adequately address the issues that Iran causes.

I have no problem with the Trump Administration removing us from this weak policy that Obama/Kerry got us into. And, if rumors are true, we have some Obama Administration officials that should be tried with the Logan Act for circumventing current administration policy to try to keep that Obama/Kerry agreement en force. Shame on them and they should be punished.
James can play this board like a rusty trombone.
(06-17-2019, 08:49 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: James can play this board like a rusty trombone.

James pees sitting down.
He pops a squat?
(06-17-2019, 12:58 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Hit and run........I wish we could get some Liberals in here that would discuss......
Discuss?  With this lot?
(06-18-2019, 05:47 AM)somenole Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 12:58 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Hit and run........I wish we could get some Liberals in here that would discuss......
Discuss?  With this lot?
Why bring up a question that is intended to inflame and not stay to discuss?  Why bring up a question that had he researched (obviously too lazy to use google) he would understand the intentions of Trump's intentions and the shortcomings (malfeasance) of the Obama and Kerry agreement. Obvious troll.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tOSU Spring Game lrrps21 11 89 04-15-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  Trump needs to go away K9Buck 1,274 33,312 04-13-2024, 11:38 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Iran thread maize 47 499 02-04-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  War now with Yemen Houthis, or is it really Iran? ChinaBuck 16 225 01-13-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Washington vs Michigan National Championship Game Thread Syncro 64 698 01-09-2024, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  Ohio State - Mizzou game thread zigbee 135 1,535 12-31-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Southwest Airlines policy gives plus-sized customers up to two additional seats free maize 20 328 12-15-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  Minny Game Thread Beastdog 16 268 11-18-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Penn St vs. Cheaterines Game Thread Beastdog 83 1,343 11-12-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  OSU/MSU game thread Soupcity Kid 21 299 11-12-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: lrrps21