Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Iran really want armed conflict?
https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revol...-of-hormuz
Make America Honest Again
I heard an analysis that made sense shortly after Iran shot down our drone. I don't remember who said it, but they basically said that Iran is trying to change the status quo. Perhaps Iran believes that they can instigate some sort of a crisis that will result in a better situation than what they have currently.
No, Iran does not want an all out armed conflict w/ the US. They want to use their proxies-Hezbollah, crazies in Afghanistan, the Iraqi government, the Houthis in Yemen to annoy, antagonize, and leverage their position in the ME against Israel and Saudi Arabia-whom they hate equally and are battling for hegemony with. They hate Israel b/c they are Jews and SA b/c they are Sunnis.
Looking for a couple more pallets of cash to behave themselves? I think they're about to step on their johnson.
(07-19-2019, 07:53 PM)stxbuck Wrote: No, Iran does not want an all out armed conflict w/ the US. They want to use their proxies-Hezbollah, crazies in Afghanistan, the Iraqi government, the Houthis in Yemen to annoy, antagonize, and leverage their position in the ME against Israel and Saudi Arabia-whom they hate equally and are battling for hegemony with. They hate Israel b/c they are Jews and SA b/c they are Sunnis.
Then what is the end game?  Annoy?  why?  Antagonize?  Why?  Leverage to gain what?
(07-19-2019, 08:03 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 07:53 PM)stxbuck Wrote: No, Iran does not want an all out armed conflict w/ the US. They want to use their proxies-Hezbollah, crazies in Afghanistan, the Iraqi government, the Houthis in Yemen to annoy, antagonize, and leverage their position in the ME against Israel and Saudi Arabia-whom they hate equally and are battling for hegemony with. They hate Israel b/c they are Jews and SA b/c they are Sunnis.
Then what is the end game?  Annoy?  why?  Antagonize?  Why?  Leverage to gain what?

That is the unknown... what are they hoping to accomplish?
The price of oil is below the price when they vandalized tankers and shot down the US drone.
One has to question if Kerry is continuing to talk with Iran.
(07-19-2019, 08:03 PM)zigbee Wrote:
Kill the Israelis. Be King Poobahs of the Muslims-Sunnis and Shiâ€ites have hated each other since the religion was invented-they still take that fundamentalist ***** seriously in the ME. Itâ€s like the Cold War between the US and USSR-each side will financially support both friendly governments and proxy rebel/terrorist groups that toe their particular line.
Those idiots in Iran and Iraq (terrorists) and the muslim terrorists in the ME are so freaking dumb.  That area could be booming with jobs and tourism but they'd rather have people living under the strain of domination and religious stupidity.
One wonders if Putin isn't pulling the strings here.  He needs those oil prices up.  Plus maybe he wants to see how far Cheeto (and the west in general) will go when pushed.
The sanctions are hurting them I suspect. The Revolutionary Guard may not be under "central" control.

They have a strategy developed to attack major surface vessels with so many small boats even a well armed naval ship might be unable to resist the attack. Perhaps they would like to try that out in real life? Imagine they sank or captured a US destroyer. I don't know why they would want to try that exactly.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/04/uk/ta...index.html

Tit for tat. Plus they want the other signers to honor The JCPOA, against the US.
https://politics.theonion.com/bleeding-j...1834847900

WASHINGTON—Bursting through the Congressional chamber doors while moaning and clutching his shoulder, John Bolton reportedly stumbled into the Capitol building Friday claiming that heâ€d been shot by Iran. “Help, help, Iâ€ve just been attacked by a large Middle Eastern country around 636,000 square miles in size,” said the national security advisor, telling those assembled that heâ€d just been minding his own business when an aggressive Islamic Republic had thrown him on the ground and shot him with a long-range missile. “Right after Iran shot me, I heard the nation laugh and say ‘Somebody stop me before I go on a homicidal rampage.†It was acting crazed and irrational, and I could smell enriched uranium coming from one of its urban centers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iran thread maize 47 471 02-04-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Starbucks fires white guy for stopping armed robbery by two black guys K9Buck 59 811 01-29-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  War now with Yemen Houthis, or is it really Iran? ChinaBuck 16 215 01-13-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  McConnell issues urgent warning on Iran, Russia and China ChinaBuck 10 184 10-22-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Iran strikes U.S. base maize 6 170 03-24-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  BREAKING! Iran Missiles strikes US consulate in north Iraq computerbuck 18 1,033 03-13-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Hey STX, what's your opinion on the Ukraine-Russia conflict? K9Buck 4 560 12-12-2021, 02:02 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Anti-gun leftists celebrating freedom won by ARMED citizens! K9Buck 2 641 07-04-2021, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Iranians makes baseless claim that Iran elections are a "sham" K9Buck 10 2,379 06-07-2021, 06:00 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Ben Shapiro explains history of Israel-Palestinian conflict K9Buck 0 438 06-05-2021, 11:50 PM
Last Post: K9Buck