Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Female f-35 pilot
https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-pilot-w...rine-corps

Seriously, how do you think she would fare in a dogfight against a male Russian pilot?

I remember the gal who just HAD to be the first female pilot to land on an aircraft carrier.  I told my wife she would kill herself trying.  She did.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
How she would fare would depend mostly on the conditions of the engagement.  If the Russian never saw her and she had him painted from an AWACS, she would be able to fire a missile beyond visual range and he'd never know what was happening.

The F-35 is not a dog fighter designed for close combat.  An F-16 may be better for that.

I don't have any reason to doubt she's a competent aviator.
It seems to me that on-line shooter games are dominated by males, of course, part of that is because women aren't drawn to those games.  Nevertheless, I think men are just inherently better at it and I believe the same is true for fighter pilots.  But, social justice is more important than winning wars, right?
cincydawg Wrote:How she would fare would depend mostly on the conditions of the engagement.  If the Russian never saw her and she had him painted from an AWACS, she would be able to fire a missile beyond visual range and he'd never know what was happening.

The F-35 is not a dog fighter designed for close combat.  An F-16 may be better for that.

I don't have any reason to doubt she's a competent aviator.
You would overthink a checkers game with a 6 year old.

Let me rephrase my question.  "I wonder how she would do in combat if a Russian pilot was painted by an AWACS , never saw her, and she was able to fire a missile from beyond the Russian's visual range"?
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
I donâ€t know that I have an opinion on this. What part of being an aviator would be impossible for a female?

The stamina needed for long flights?
Alabuckeye Wrote:I donâ€t know that I have an opinion on this. What part of being an aviator would be impossible for a female? 

Nothing at all impossible.  But it does take strength and physical abilities to withstand those g-forces, etc.  Don't doubt me.  I watched Top Gun twice.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
Situational awareness is the most important skill for a fighter pilot... a female's situational awareness is much greater than a man's. The catch is... that heightened situational awareness prevents women from being decisive... in addition, men have ~20x the testosterone of women.

Don't be fooled, the US DoD knows women are a HUGE liability in battle... and yet, the politically driven "women can do anything a men can do, but better" experiment keeps on humming along.
(08-15-2019, 06:26 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
Alabuckeye Wrote:I donâ€t know that I have an opinion on this. What part of being an aviator would be impossible for a female? 

Nothing at all impossible.  But it does take strength and physical abilities to withstand those g-forces, etc.  Don't doubt me.  I watched Top Gun twice.

Even with G-suits and advancements in cockpit design, strength remains the most important trait in sustaining high-G maneuvers. Fatigue slows mental processing and reaction time.
(08-15-2019, 07:26 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: Situational awareness is the most important skill for a fighter pilot... a female's situational awareness is much greater than a man's. The catch is... that heightened situational awareness prevents women from being decisive... in addition, men have ~20x the testosterone of women.

Don't be fooled, the US DoD knows women are a HUGE liability in battle... and yet, the politically driven "women can do anything a men can do, but better" experiment keeps on humming along.

You're just a misogynist.  Besides, winning wars is overrated.
(08-15-2019, 07:59 PM)K9Buck Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 07:26 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: Situational awareness is the most important skill for a fighter pilot... a female's situational awareness is much greater than a man's. The catch is... that heightened situational awareness prevents women from being decisive... in addition, men have ~20x the testosterone of women.

You're just a misogynist.  Besides, winning wars is overrated.

Winning is overrated? I missed that paradigm shift.

Man I don't know.  They're better in social settings and looking out for numero uno (which, yes, would be beneficial in a kill or be killed scenario), but this is the "species" that causes long lines in grocery stores, orders high maintenance meals at restaurants, wears yoga pants in public and doesn't understand why people are staring, puts on makeup while driving and causes 20 car pile-ups without even realizing it, etc...
(08-15-2019, 11:35 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

Man I don't know.  They're better in social settings and looking out for numero uno (which, yes, would be beneficial in a kill or be killed scenario), but this is the "species" that causes long lines in grocery stores, orders high maintenance meals at restaurants, wears yoga pants in public and doesn't understand why people are staring, puts on makeup while driving and causes 20 car pile-ups without even realizing it, etc...

Drives me crazy in grocery stores. I was standing behind a woman waiting to get a loaf of bread in Publix the other day (I already could see what I wanted), she did what I call the blank stare, stands there for about 2 minutes blocking me, then walks off slowly. Of course she positioned her cart sideways in the middle of the aisle, so nobody could get through. Didn't even pick out a loaf of bread after making me stand there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really? Yelling N word at female college Utah BB players?? zigbee 16 190 4 hours ago
Last Post: Arby328
  Black female DAs and prosecutors TakeThePoints 9 155 02-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Off Duty Pilot tries to crash Alaska Air Flight ChinaBuck 17 316 10-25-2023, 04:29 AM
Last Post: stxbuck
  English girl arrested reportedly for saying female cop looks lesbian K9Buck 14 242 08-11-2023, 06:01 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Female version of pitch Beastdog 5 184 07-05-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Single, female, cop responds to a domestic dispute K9Buck 25 579 05-03-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: maize
  Liberal female retired Army Colonel searching for Court leaker Hightop77 193 4,198 01-21-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  US pilot downs 4 Soviet Migs TakeThePoints 7 155 01-21-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  The female security guard at the Oxford, Michigan school shooting is a MORON! K9Buck 2 154 08-03-2022, 07:57 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Transgender inmate impregnates other female inmates Bucktastic1 8 216 07-18-2022, 11:56 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack