Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FoxNews Poll: Trump can't beat anyone
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/45...and-harris
Makes no sense at all.
Make America Honest Again
His ratings have mostly been between 38 and 42 while in office.  It makes sense to me.  Once the Democrats isolate on one candidate, the alternative won't be as appealing, I suspect. And the polls of note will be those in states like PA/MI/WI/OH/FL, not CA.
We are doomed!!! Rolleyes Rolleyes
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
Polls say Hillary has a 95% chance of winning.
One doesn't have to wonder why anyone would put out a poll like this 15 months before an election.  National polls for president are silly anyway.  We still don't have a popular vote.
(08-16-2019, 11:03 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: One doesn't have to wonder why anyone would put out a poll like this 15 months before an election.  National polls for president are silly anyway.  We still don't have a popular vote.
We have one, but thank god so far the Electoral vote is what actually counts.

unless you prefer the popular vote......
(08-17-2019, 12:25 AM)TcSoup Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 11:03 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: One doesn't have to wonder why anyone would put out a poll like this 15 months before an election.  National polls for president are silly anyway.  We still don't have a popular vote.
We have one, but thank god so far the Electoral vote is what actually counts.

unless you prefer the popular vote......

I started a thread on the Electoral College in the NH 1.0 in 2015.
Most people there were against it then. A few of those people here have changed their tune.
I imagine this gives some cautious hope to Democrats out there that they can win, and perhaps they think they might as well vote for a Bernie-like candidate.

That would be a mistake, for them, I think.
I can't imagine me ever being against the electoral college.  What was it that Trump was whining about before the election?  Something about Ma having it rigged for her or something.  I'm sure that was discussed.  Maybe that's what you're (Neal) recalling?  

I'm not a fan of mob rule.  The electoral college makes candidates address the south and midwest's concerns as much as the coastal states'
The fact is that an Amendment is a high hurdle and I don't see how an EC change can pass, so I don't worry about that.

The "Colorado gambit" is more plausible and could happen, though it would be tested in the courts obviously.  People might discover they don't like that idea so much after a bit of experience with it ...

Another Democratic candidate and his platform, pretty similar to everyone else out there.
(08-17-2019, 08:05 AM)cincydawg Wrote: The fact is that an Amendment is a high hurdle and I don't see how an EC change can pass, so I don't worry about that.

The "Colorado gambit" is more plausible and could happen, though it would be tested in the courts obviously.  People might discover they don't like that idea so much after a bit of experience with it ...

Imagine your state voting for candidate X and your electors rolling with candidate Y because candidate Y won more votes across the rest of the nation.  You wanna talk pitchfork and torches.  That would bring me out.  I'd be PIZZED.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump needs to go away K9Buck 1,252 32,480 9 hours ago
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Are the covid vaccines being used to beat cancer? maize 16 188 03-08-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Poll: Israel & Hamas protests ChinaBuck 11 223 10-15-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  X Poll: Do women want women only spaces? ChinaBuck 2 93 08-26-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  2024 Presidential Straw Poll Beastdog 28 469 08-22-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  We Have a Vaccine UPDATE: POLL ADDED NOW!! 3rdgensooner 1,394 175,953 08-10-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Intervene against shop lifters. Get beat up. Lose your job. ScarletHayes 14 214 07-24-2023, 09:41 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Most Hated College Football Fanbase Poll: down to 2 finalists ChinaBuck 13 277 04-18-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  2024 Straw Poll Beastdog 164 3,168 12-15-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Clay Travis poll, 75K votes, Ron DeSantis receives 75% of votes K9Buck 4 179 12-07-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Blinky