Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most likeable college football team?
https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/A...134516171/

You guessed it, Oklahoma.

Much like I am the most likable poster on this forum.  No brainers.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(08-16-2019, 09:29 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/A...134516171/

[Image: emoji100.png][Image: emoji89.png]
Make America Honest Again
Army, Navy and Air Force should be the top 3
(08-16-2019, 09:29 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/A...134516171/

Only because for years you had Big Game " Stoops" leading the way. 
The CFB fans knew you were really never going to be a threat to win it all, much like the favorite Uncle.
A little goofy, Sometimes funny, but no real threat to upset the apple cart.
Two weeks before the season we get an avalanche of lists, most of them ridiculous or meaningless.  Why would any of us here have a preference for Colorado over Utah, or Miami over FSU, or Kansas over North Carolina in football?

You prefer one uniform over the other?

#1.  I hate most lists.
#2.  Most are irrelevant really.
#3.  I don't care about them with few exceptions.
When Oklahoma becomes Thee Oklahoma University, then we can debate this.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
Do OSU fans generally "hate" any team other than the obvious?  Maybe Penn State a bit?

You might view Wisconsin as a tough out on occasion, but is there reason to hate them?  Or Nebraska?  Or Iowa?  Or conversely to "like them" other than perhaps you had a parent who went there, or close bud, or kids?  I "like" Ohio State because my kids went there.  I "admire" their program for its consistency and achievements as a CFB fan.

The only teams I "like" are places like K-State because I liked their coach, and the Academies, and Appalachian State.  I like the USC song gals or whatever they are called.   I have some admiration for programs like Wisconsin and VaTech because they do a lot with a little comparatively.

Do I like or hate Oklahoma?  Nope.
(08-17-2019, 08:27 AM)cincydawg Wrote: Do OSU fans generally "hate" any team other than the obvious?  Maybe Penn State a bit?

You might view Wisconsin as a tough out on occasion, but is there reason to hate them?  Or Nebraska?  Or Iowa?  Or conversely to "like them" other than perhaps you had a parent who went there, or close bud, or kids?  I "like" Ohio State because my kids went there.  I "admire" their program for its consistency and achievements as a CFB fan.

The only teams I "like" are places like K-State because I liked their coach, and the Academies, and Appalachian State.  I like the USC song gals or whatever they are called.   I have some admiration for programs like Wisconsin and VaTech because they do a lot with a little comparatively.

Do I like or hate Oklahoma?  Nope.

Hating a team for me often times revolves around their recent level of success.  I remember hating Nebraska throughout the 90s and early 2000s.  Same with Miami and FSU.  Now I "hate" Alabama and Clemson.   Big Grin  Michigan of course, always.  But that goes without saying around these parts.  [Image: grinch.gif]
Well, duh. Who wouldn't like to play OU in the playoffs? 0-3

Now, the 1970's OU, that's a different story.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(08-17-2019, 10:38 AM)lrrps21 Wrote: Well, duh. Who wouldn't like to play OU in the playoffs? 0-3

Now, the 1970's OU, that's a different story.

Buckeyes at 2-1 have a bad rep.  A strong major bowl/BCS/playoff record doesn't stop the critics from painting us losers when it counts.  If OSU was 0-3 there would be active campaigns throughout ESPN land to keep us out of the playoffs even if we were 13-0 and B1G champs.  I can hear Finebaum and company already.  

To be clear, I'm not here to dump on the Sooners.  I was actually rooting for them in the playoffs the last two years.  I'm just stating the obvious:  People love to crap on OSU.  I'm sure we fans are a large part of that equation as well.   Big Grin
Trick question. There is only one likeable college football team, The Ohio State Buckeyes!
North Carolina should be the most liked team.
Why wouldn't they? People schedule us as a P5 team and then proceed to beat us to death. It gives them a win vs a P5 conference team.
We should be loved by most.
Any team that has success will be "hated", and any team with a narrow window of criticism like OSU will be criticized.

Nobody hates K State.
Certainly there is some dude out there somewhere that hates K State.
(08-17-2019, 10:59 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: Certainly there is some dude out there somewhere that hates K State.

Nope, not a one, I've looked and looked and looked.  Even Kansas fans take pity on them.  It's sad to be so undisliked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NCAA college FB done? Replaced by super league? zigbee 3 34 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Really? Yelling N word at female college Utah BB players?? zigbee 40 470 04-05-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Texas Pee Wee football games P1tchblack 12 195 02-26-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Cam Newton football camp Hightop77 3 87 02-26-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  College Football 25 (NCAA Football 25) maize 7 120 02-22-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: maize
  Survey says? Football over baseball as pastime zigbee 0 50 02-05-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  23-24 Season College Basketball ChinaBuck 15 257 01-28-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Team Brandon to launch account on Trump's Truth Social maize 3 92 10-16-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  16 Shootings Already at High School Football Games in 2023 Hightop77 77 1,367 09-21-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat
  SS protection for RFK Jr denied by team Biden. ScarletHayes 15 268 09-20-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck