Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tells us how Red Flag laws will be abused
I doubt he meant to, but he did....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

[/url]

Would Chris Cuomo be given a Red Flag for his recent rant? Filthy language and a total loss of control. He shouldnâ€t be allowed to have any weapon. Heâ€s nuts!
7:04 AM · Aug 13, 2019·
Twitter for iPhone[url=https://help.twitter.com/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels]

I think trump's initial support of red flag laws is another indication of not having abiding principles that he lives by.
(08-30-2019, 12:23 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: I think trump's initial support of red flag laws is another indication of not having abiding principles that he lives by.

He mentioned supporting background checks on firearms sales.  But he was not aware that outside of sales between private individuals, firearms sales are already covered for background checks.  Thus he agrees we don't need sweeping new laws for that. Has nothing to do with "abiding principles".  Keep in mind you are dealing with a media and Democrat party that claim someone can buy guns over the internet with no checks.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/red-flag-la...m-measure/
Hmmmmmmm, Cuomo did lose control there.
Make America Honest Again
(08-30-2019, 12:33 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/red-flag-la...m-measure/

The bottom line is the NRA met with Trump and gave him an education on both background checks and how "red flag" laws can be abused by government officials.   Got nothing to do with abiding principles.  Everyone would like to keep guns away from people who would go on mass killing sprees, including Trump, but no one knows how that could be done with new expansive laws without infringing on people's rights.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Red Flag laws already exist at the state level. The problem with national Red Flag laws is, I speculate that athough the initial scope of the law(s) will be fairly narrow and strict, but as time goes by, that scope will widen to encompass more and more citizens.

pro-life... red flag
DUI... red flag
credit score <600... red flag
use gas powered lawn mower... red flag
seeing a therapist... red flag
too many parking tickets... red flag
peed on the toilet seat in the 3rd grade... red flag
(08-30-2019, 12:44 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 12:33 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/red-flag-la...m-measure/

The bottom line is the NRA met with Trump and gave him an education on both background checks and how "red flag" laws can be abused by government officials.   Got nothing to do with abiding principles.  Everyone would like to keep guns away from people who would go on mass killing sprees, including Trump, but no one knows how that could be done with new expansive laws without infringing on people's rights.
which if he had abiding principles on the size of government and the dangers of expanding government, that would have been a red flag to him before spouting off......but he has none of the like and thus says whatever sounds good at the moment, only to have to be pulled back by someone educating him.

get that?  I turned red flag around..... Big Grin
(08-30-2019, 12:46 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:

which if he had abiding principles on the size of government and the dangers of expanding government, that would have been a red flag to him before spouting off......but he has none of the like and thus says whatever sounds good at the moment, only to have to be pulled back by someone educating him.

+1... well put sir.
Gun laws and such sound so good on the surface.  When confronted you would say something like "yeah, we need to keep guns out of the hands of those people..."  but then when you sit back and sift through the actual information and the reality you would likely change your view.  

I guess I'm saying that talk on "common sense" gun laws would be right in Trump's knee-jerk comment wheelhouse.  This is *thee* topic tailor made for him to say something and then eventually walk it back.

edit:  I see I just more or less said what Ala said.

So how would it have played out if Trump had immediately said, I am not going to support any new red flag or background check laws during that period when the media was in a feeding frenzy?  Trump basically played rope a dope with them, took away any basis for attacking him and let the narrative play out until the next news cycle and the next big media narrative.  I know you are always looking for some reason to criticize Trump but he played this out very well unlike some in the GOP who were wetting their pants and ready to sign off on anything.

(08-30-2019, 12:54 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:

So how would it have played out if Trump had immediately said, I am not going to support any new red flag or background check laws during that period when the media was in a feeding frenzy?  Trump basically played rope a dope with them, took away any basis for attacking him and let the narrative play out until the next news cycle and the next big media narrative.  I know you are always looking for some reason to criticize Trump but he played this out very well unlike some in the GOP who were wetting their pants and ready to sign off on anything.

uh huh.....4D chess.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump needs to go away K9Buck 1,252 32,532 Today, 03:02 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
Video High school student gets last laugh after school says he can't fly US flag on his veh K9Buck 9 83 03-21-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Sick of reading these stories: STATES PASS HOMEOWNER LAWS! zigbee 13 175 03-21-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  But wait, there's a flag... ScarletHayes 9 151 12-11-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Israel needs to re-think their gun ownership laws K9Buck 13 329 10-12-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  The U.S. Government routinely runs false-flag operations against the American people K9Buck 2 86 09-15-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  How can this state continue with wanting laws like this? zigbee 2 93 04-28-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Cincinnati is under a Red Flag Warning right now ChinaBuck 7 145 04-21-2023, 01:43 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  *************BREAKING********** NFL FLAG PRO BOWL FB SMASHING success zigbee 9 192 02-06-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: maize
  Flag flying on MLK day. P1tchblack 10 220 01-17-2023, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat