Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Don't let the ugly in others destroy the beauty in you. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeBe careful cleaning your grill with OLD WIRE brush
If you've been scrubbing the grill grates with the same old grill brush for years without a second thought, it's probably time for a new one. Injury from wire grill brushes recently led to 1,600 emergency department visits, according to an article in the Journal Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.

Then there's the problem of actually swallowing loose bristles—and claims from that type of injury can be found at the Consumer Advocacy website saferproducts.gov. Before using last year's grill brush, check for loose bristles, then wipe the grates down thoroughly after using the brush.

Was listening to story at work last week of lady who swallowed a bristle and about killed her.
Make America Honest Again
I saw a similar story on some weird show, Monsters Inside Me, and it almost killed this kid.  Punctured an intestinal area and wreaked havoc throughout his body.  Crazy the stuff you donâ€t think about
I use aluminum foil wadded up to scrape my grill.
(09-02-2019, 11:37 AM)unc4corners Wrote: I use aluminum foil wadded up to scrape my grill.

Same here. I also clean the grill with oil before and after using it. DKeener mentioned - on the old NH - something about getting business if somebody consumed bristles from the wire brush. I switched that day.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
zigbee Wrote:If you've been scrubbing the grill grates with the same old grill brush for years without a second thought, it's probably time for a new one. Injury from wire grill brushes recently led to 1,600 emergency department visits, according to an article in the Journal Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.

Then there's the problem of actually swallowing loose bristles—and claims from that type of injury can be found at the Consumer Advocacy website saferproducts.gov. Before using last year's grill brush, check for loose bristles, then wipe the grates down thoroughly after using the brush.

Was listening to story at work last week of lady who swallowed a bristle and about killed her.
Zig, you're not supposed to brush your teeth with those things.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(09-02-2019, 12:37 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
zigbee Wrote:If you've been scrubbing the grill grates with the same old grill brush for years without a second thought, it's probably time for a new one. Injury from wire grill brushes recently led to 1,600 emergency department visits, according to an article in the Journal Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.

It works well on me teeth and then cleaning my toe nails...I do the nails first.[Image: emoji109.png]
Make America Honest Again
Threw mine away years ago. I let my Charcoal grate heat up then scrape of the char as i see fit with a metal spatula.
I like to leave a decent amount of the char on there to enhance the flavor of grilling.
Never had a bad BBQ come of it. Well seasoned.
Of course i only eat White Castle's at a restaurant i know has been opened at least 10 years. The Onions and Burger flavor just seems to taste better off a grill thats been in use and well worn in.
But then again my Wife things i'm Mental sometimes.
And she may have a point.
TcSoup Wrote:Threw mine away years ago. I let my Charcoal grate heat up then scrape of the char as i see fit with a metal spatula.
I like to leave a decent amount of the char on there to enhance the flavor of grilling.
Of course i only eat White Castle's at a restaurant i know has been opened at least 10 years. The Onions and Burger flavor just seems to taste better off a grill thats been in use and well worn in.
Yep, all those stuck-on, charred flies and bugs enhance the flavor as well. Dodgy
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(09-02-2019, 12:40 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 12:37 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:

It works well on me teeth and then cleaning my toe nails...I do the nails first.[Image: emoji109.png]
Yeah like you do your toe nails. Big Grin
Went to a cookout at my brother's today and didn't even think of this again til I got home.  Great, now I'll be obsessing over it.  [Image: Em_RunningScared.gif]
(09-02-2019, 02:45 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
TcSoup Wrote:Threw mine away years ago. I let my Charcoal grate heat up then scrape of the char as i see fit with a metal spatula.
Yep, all those stuck-on, charred flies and bugs enhance the flavor as well. Dodgy
I leave my grill cover on with only the small 4 holes at the top open. Then close them soon after done and after cooling put the cover on. 
besides after putting cover on and  then next grilling letting heat get to about 450-500 then cleaning a bit i ain't worried about no flies or bug remnants.
I've ate much worse at the Y haven't you ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Be careful about using payment apps K9Buck 0 56 01-24-2024, 09:43 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Bee careful driving in the 3rd World stxbuck 1 68 05-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Steven Crowder vs the Daily Wire wydileie 12 239 03-04-2023, 08:03 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Cleveland Cavaliers: Down to the Wire! Beastdog 99 3,943 04-16-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Day Cleaning House lrrps21 39 2,366 01-14-2022, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  Leftist eco terrorist arrested for starting major brush fire K9Buck 37 1,381 10-02-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Lad wanted to measure his...uh, member , by sticking a USB wire into the shaft zigbee 10 404 09-18-2021, 09:13 AM
  I just bought a combo smoker (pellets) and gas grill, any smoking tips? K9Buck 17 995 09-16-2021, 11:47 AM
  Be careful who you piss off maize 62 7,883 03-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Teachers should be careful about that which they wish K9Buck 26 2,405 07-11-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: zigbee