Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeZeke Elliott takes home some bacon
[b][b]Ezekiel Elliott[/b][/b]'s contract drama is over. The running back signed a new deal with the Dallas Cowboys on Wednesday morning according to a report from NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
According to the report's the contract is a six-year, $90 million extension making Elliott the highest-paid running back in the NFL. Elliott also will have $50 million in guaranteed money, surpassing the previous NFL high for a running back of [b]Todd Gurley[/b] at $45 million.
Elliott is set to enter his fourth season in the NFL after he was the fourth overall selection in the 2016 NFL Draft. Because he was a first-round pick out of Ohio State, the Cowboys had the option to extend the running back for a fifth season. But Elliott did not report when Dallas left for training camp earlier this summer, instead going to Cabo, Mexico to train on his own. According to reports, Elliott was willing to sit out regular season games if he was not given a new contract.

After returning to Dallas earlier this week, Elliott, his representatives and the Cowboys met in an attempt to come to a deal that would see the player get on the field for the start of the regular season.
Since coming into the NFL out of Ohio State, Elliott has been the league's best running back. As a rookie, Elliott led the NFL in rushing with a league-best 1,631 yards and 15 touchdowns in 15 games. Following the season, Elliott was named first-team All-Pro and selected to the Pro Bowl. The Cowboys made the playoffs as the No. 1 seed but lost to the Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Round.
The offseason ahead of Elliott's second season was clouded by controversy after an ex-girlfriend accused him of domestic abuse. While there was no legal action against Elliott, the NFL investigated the situation and elected to suspend Elliott for six games. After multiple appeals, Elliott eventually served his suspension from Week 10 to Week 15. The running back still managed to rush for 983 yards and seven touchdowns in 10 games.
Last season, Elliott again led the NFL in rushing with 1,434 yards and six touchdowns in six games and once again was named to the Pro Bowl. Dallas made the playoffs as the No. 4 in the NFC. The Cowboys defeated the Seattle Seahawks in the Wild Card round before losing to the Los Angeles Rams in the Divisional Round.

It is not clear when the deal will officially be announced by the Cowboys but Elliott is expected to practice with the team on Wednesday ahead of the season opener against the New York Giants on Sunday.
Make America Honest Again
Now if he can stay out of trouble.....
Really dumb contract. And I loved Zeke at OSU......since his skirts with the law, I'm less in his corner, but still a dumb contract. The average career length of an NFL running back is 2.5 years. Now....I get his amazing talent, but the hits still come and 6 years, on top of his already 3 is nuts.
Anyone getting $50 million to play a sport astounds me, but that has always been the case.

This is part of the reason I don't watch the NFL much at all, and I suspect CFB is going that way in a decade or so.

I will rue its demise.  I'm getting more into MLB of late though.  I used to watch the Braves when they were on WTBS and horrible, almost religiously.

I stopped watching when they got boring, now they are fun again.

And I do that Fantasy camp thing each January, that really is a ton of fun.
(09-04-2019, 03:05 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Really dumb contract.  And I loved Zeke at OSU......since his skirts with the law, I'm less in his corner, but still a dumb contract.  The average career length of an NFL running back is 2.5 years.  Now....I get his amazing talent, but the hits still come and 6 years, on top of his already 3 is nuts.
50 million is guaranteed so if he comes up lame they cut him and save 40 million.   I think both the Cowboys and Elliott got an equitable deal.
Make America Honest Again
(09-04-2019, 03:30 PM)cincydawg Wrote: Anyone getting $50 million to play a sport astounds me, but that has always been the case.

This is part of the reason I don't watch the NFL much at all, and I suspect CFB is going that way in a decade or so.

I will rue its demise.  I'm getting more into MLB of late though.  I used to watch the Braves when they were on WTBS and horrible, almost religiously.

I stopped watching when they got boring, now they are fun again.

And I do that Fantasy camp thing each January, that really is a ton of fun.
Freddie Freeman will get the MVP?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seven Years, it takes SEVEN years. Sanitarian2 4 152 11-23-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  If only they had a father in the home ... Hightop77 7 161 11-14-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  FBI raids Chicago Bears Defensive Coordinator's home ChinaBuck 19 426 09-25-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Looks like one chicken may have come home to roost ChinaBuck 43 715 09-11-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Pelosi's husband "violently assaulted" during home invasion P1tchblack 248 4,889 08-04-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  Charissa Thompson's home robbed davebucknut 16 257 06-27-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  It takes extreme evil and hatred to do what this piece of filth did K9Buck 1 76 06-16-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  You can be locked out of your Smart Home's devices ChinaBuck 8 161 06-15-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  This Florida elementary school teacher is a reason for home-schooling K9Buck 130 2,314 05-23-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Idiot kept a live grenade in his home K9Buck 4 112 05-21-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck