Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama Governor Says She Won’t Resign over Blackface Skit
NAACP wants her to resign and to expand welfare.

Rachel Frazin, The Hill, September 4, 2019

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey ® said Tuesday that she will not resign over revelations that she appeared in blackface during a skit when she was in college, but reiterated her apology over the incident.

“Heavens no, Iâ€m not going to resign. Itâ€s something that happened 52 years ago and Iâ€m not that person. My administration stands on being inclusive and helping people,” Ivey said in her first public appearance since her apology, The Associated Press reported.

Ivey, in a statement to The Hill last week, admitted to wearing blackface and overalls in a skit during a Baptist Student Union party. Her then-fiancÃe, Ben LaRavia, in a 1967 radio interview had recounted her appearance in the skit. Her office released the audio after it was found by Auburn University officials.

The Alabama NAACP reiterated its call Tuesday for Ivey to resign, noting actions she has taken as governor such as signing legislation that would protect Confederate monuments, according to the AP.
{snip}

The organization also said the governor should consider policies like Medicaid expansion to “level the playing field in areas of education, and healthcare.”
{snip}

Original Article
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Her mistake was the apology.
I love those old minstrel shows. A lost art, to be sure.

Luckily youtube exists.
(09-04-2019, 10:08 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: I love those old minstrel shows.  A lost art, to be sure.

Luckily youtube exists.

To borrow a phrase from Mark Twain, if I could see the minstrel show again in its pristine purity, I should have little use for TV and sports viewing.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

I mean..it IS Alabama.  She could have worn black face 5 years ago and probably still kept her job.
Are Americans capable of context anymore?  The chick that plays Dee on ASIP (Kaitlin Olsen?) has done black/brown face with the accents.  Weâ€re talking less than 10 years ago.  These super douchers are gonna kill comedy.  

No way this woman should resign.  Utterly absurd on its face.  Pun intended
Uber-Liberal Sarah Silverman....

[Image: a-comedian-responded-to-a-man-defending-...dblbig.jpg]
(09-04-2019, 11:46 PM)P1tchblack Wrote: I mean..it IS Alabama.  She could have worn black face 5 years ago and probably still kept her job.

Dude in VA is keeping his job.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
LOl, Watch the NFL this Sunday you will see Black players with Black liner not only under their eyes, but all over their face.

Dude last year had what looked like a full beard on his face.

but they can do it you can't.

Still laugh at the Miami Hurricanes and their " Turnover" Chain they drape around their neck. Somehow that bypasses
the " Reminds' us of our slave days .......
You see white players with eye black all over their face......there was an OL a couple years ago who would smear it down his face from under his eyes.

It's all about context. And frankly most of the context of blackface is innocent.
(09-05-2019, 03:05 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: You see white players with eye black all over their face......there was an OL a couple years ago who would smear it down his face from under his eyes.

It's all about context.  And frankly most of the context of blackface is innocent.

I think it was the guy who used to be with Minnesota.  I forget his name.
I still find this bizarre. Aside from seeing an Amos and Andy clip I have never seen anyone in blackface anywhere in my life. Yet here are multiple pols and celebrities with that in their past. Weird.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How is it that a Republican won Georgia governor's race before & after 2020 elections K9Buck 221 2,197 03-15-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  NM Governor orders 30-day ban on carrying guns K9Buck 125 1,837 03-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: zigbee
  What is going on in Alabama? P1tchblack 13 159 03-07-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Alabama set to execute man with nitrogen gas tonight, never before used method maize 38 421 01-27-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Latest on Governor Whitmer kidnapping hoax K9Buck 28 431 01-27-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  Funny skit, how white Democrats view blacks K9Buck 2 87 01-11-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Cali middle schooler banned from sports over 'blackface' group says it was eye paint maize 19 333 11-14-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Hawaii governor suspends 1st amendment K9Buck 16 249 09-16-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Why is Georgia Governor Kemp permitting college to reinstate mask mandate? K9Buck 75 944 08-29-2023, 01:27 AM
  Did FBI try to fabricate "assassination" plot against Va. Governor Northam? K9Buck 3 124 03-12-2023, 11:32 AM