Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia police chief keeps spotlight on black men as crime victims – and suspects
Chief Larry Boone has taken to begging.

As young black men continue to wield guns to settle differences, rob and murder each other, Norfolkâ€s top cop has repeatedly criticized, cajoled and complained. “Systems create this,” Boone said at a news conference late last week, suggesting city leaders look at poverty, education and more. The Norfolk slayings are largely intraracial, as are many crimes in the country. And it affects African-Americans disproportionately.

I wonder if gun-rights groups would be so resistant to new laws if whites were the victims in such lopsided percentages.

Chief Boone hosted several “Guns Down” rallies around the city. Heâ€s gone on radio. Heâ€s partnered with a local artist and rapper on an anthem urging young men to reject gun violence. The chief has challenged city officials to do more. He now says heâ€ll form a committee to attack the problem... wants state lawmakers to do their part by passing legislation forcing people to notify officials when their guns are lost, stolen or sold – though thatâ€s not the major focus of his initiative.

Statistics reveal why heâ€s so adamant... The Virginian-Pilot reports: “Black men are either suspect or victim in 93 percent to 94 percent of shootings in Norfolk, Boone said — and often both. The chief added that those demographics have persisted throughout his 30-year career in the department.” Blacks, though, make up just 42 percent of the cityâ€s population. The disparity is stunning. Reducing that ratio – and violence in general – would improve the lives of countless numbers of Norfolk residents.

That wide disparity is also true in crime stats statewide... whites comprise 69.5 percent of the population in Virginia and blacks are 20 percent. But among the homicide totals in 2018, blacks comprised 60 percent of the 391 victims. The same Virginia State Police report noted that blacks accounted for 60.4 percent of suspects in homicide cases last year.

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019/09/...-suspects/
Another clueless idiot who thinks taking gun rights from law abiding white people will stop black violence.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Socio-economics, dude.
(09-11-2019, 10:06 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: Socio-economics, dude.

Yup.  Just need more welfare money and Head Start programs.  Universal Income would be great too.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Law enforcement who think this way is not helping things at all.
Make America Honest Again
"I wonder if gun-rights groups would be so resistant to new laws if whites were the victims in such lopsided percentages".

What a dumb-azz statement.
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
(09-11-2019, 10:16 AM)buckeyewalt Wrote: "I wonder if gun-rights groups would be so resistant to new laws if whites were the victims in such lopsided percentages".

I believe that is the writer's opinion... not the police chief's.
It's a horrible opinion.
 “Systems create this,” Boone said at a news conference late last week, suggesting city leaders look at poverty, education and more. 

Gee, maybe if they integrate the schools and give blacks the same education as whites, it will clear all this up.   Rolleyes

(09-11-2019, 10:24 AM)BoyGenius Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 10:16 AM)buckeyewalt Wrote: "I wonder if gun-rights groups would be so resistant to new laws if whites were the victims in such lopsided percentages".

You're right....however, it's still a dumb azz statement.
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
(09-11-2019, 10:26 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: It's a horrible opinion.

I wanted the comment attributed to the right person...
(09-11-2019, 10:34 AM)buckeyewalt Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 10:24 AM)BoyGenius Wrote:

You're right....however, it's still a dumb azz statement.
I am not claiming the comment in logical or intelligent... I wanted it ascribed to the right person.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Government crime statistics are no longer valid K9Buck 3 39 03-25-2024, 05:35 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  The epidemic of black-on-white violence K9Buck 258 3,849 03-25-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Unspoken fact about crime in US zigbee 101 1,295 03-13-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  NAACP asks Black Athletes to Boycott Florida unc4corners 10 119 03-12-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  Remember when leftists said it was illegal for Trump to use military in police roles? K9Buck 2 45 03-07-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  black pilled, deep state, election rigging, etc... ScarletHayes 14 247 03-07-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Minneapolis Police officer uses knee to hold down man who can't breath zigbee 1,549 89,793 03-06-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: maize
  Cop taken to jail in own police cruiser after caught shoplifting while in uniform K9Buck 19 279 02-23-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  NY Police finding new and creative ways... P1tchblack 107 1,572 02-19-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: maize
  Nothing about the guy who killed two police officers and a paramedic in Minny? maize 11 198 02-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack