Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female lawyer who fought for marriage equality...
Now claims her "marriage" wasn't really a marriage. Remarkable how quickly she discarded her convictions as soon as she realized she might lose assets or pay alimony to her longterm stay at home "wife" and caretaker of "their" children...

Despite adopting twins with her partner and buying a home together, she now says she didn't realize their ceremony "would impose any long term legal obligations on me."

Demorest currently serves on Atlantaâ€s Human Relations Commission, where residents can launch complaints against businesses that violate the cityâ€s non-discrimination ordinance. Fifteen years ago, Demorest stood before that same panel as a resident and plaintiff, asking the city to sanction a prestigious golf club for refusing her and her longtime partner, Lee Kyser, the same benefits it offered to married heterosexuals.
The Wedding Ceremony That Wasnâ€t?

However, now that her 20-year relationship with Kyser has ended, Demorest has argued in court filings that their extended union was never a marriage, was never intended to be a marriage, and that Demorest, a former partner at one of Atlantaâ€s most prestigious law firms and a national leader for LGBTQ rights, “did not anticipate or have any expectation that marriage would ever become available to same-sex couples in Georgia.”  https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/09/hrc-...attacking/
Of course....the societal mentality is about
What benefits me
What benefits me now
What will benefit me in the future.
Shocking, if she only had someone to help her understand the legal implications of marriage.

Oh wait...
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Or as my grandmother was fond of saying, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
(09-16-2019, 04:57 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: Now claims her "marriage" wasn't really a marriage. Remarkable how quickly she discarded her convictions as soon as she realized she might lose assets or pay alimony to her longterm stay at home "wife" and caretaker of "their" children...

Despite adopting twins with her partner and buying a home together, she now says she didn't realize their ceremony "would impose any long term legal obligations on me."

Demorest currently serves on Atlantaâ€s Human Relations Commission, where residents can launch complaints against businesses that violate the cityâ€s non-discrimination ordinance. Fifteen years ago, Demorest stood before that same panel as a resident and plaintiff, asking the city to sanction a prestigious golf club for refusing her and her longtime partner, Lee Kyser, the same benefits it offered to married heterosexuals.
The Wedding Ceremony That Wasnâ€t?

However, now that her 20-year relationship with Kyser has ended, Demorest has argued in court filings that their extended union was never a marriage, was never intended to be a marriage, and that Demorest, a former partner at one of Atlantaâ€s most prestigious law firms and a national leader for LGBTQ rights, “did not anticipate or have any expectation that marriage would ever become available to same-sex couples in Georgia.”  https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/09/hrc-...attacking/

Welcome to manhood, sugar britches.
When did they adopt the twins and how old are they now? Seems there's no concern about them.
(09-17-2019, 12:02 AM)sparky454 Wrote: When did they adopt the twins and how old are they now? Seems there's no concern about them.

Children are nothing but pawns to be used to gain advantage. If children have no worth they usually abort them.

It is funny that the lawyer thought she was immune.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
She's a lawyer. It's what they do. Doesn't actually really have much to do with her being a lesbian. Most lesbians are decent people. Lawyers generally are not.
Braid her and her wife together by their armpit hair, and tell them to work it out

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really? Yelling N word at female college Utah BB players?? zigbee 16 230 Yesterday, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Arby328
  Will the marriage of AI & robots/machines make humans obsolete? K9Buck 33 381 02-20-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Black female DAs and prosecutors TakeThePoints 9 155 02-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Lawyer insures expensive cigars from fire..... ChinaBuck 5 112 11-08-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Canadian Parliament applauds Ukraine fighter who fought alongside SS in WW2 K9Buck 0 51 09-25-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  English girl arrested reportedly for saying female cop looks lesbian K9Buck 14 243 08-11-2023, 06:01 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Female version of pitch Beastdog 5 185 07-05-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Cops get owned in court by videographer's lawyer K9Buck 8 204 05-30-2023, 10:16 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Trump hilariously insults lawyer during deposition K9Buck 6 126 05-06-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Single, female, cop responds to a domestic dispute K9Buck 25 580 05-03-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: maize