Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeTrump Plan to win Hispanic vote in New Mexico and across the US
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-c...new-mexico
Make America Honest Again
(09-17-2019, 07:54 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: Thinks he has a shot with a message on immigration and trade.

“Your state lost 33 percent of its manufacturing jobs after NAFTA was signed. This was one of the great catastrophes and now we're replacing NAFTA with the brand new U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement... USMCA.”

Trump 2020 campaign press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said, “At the El Paso rally, we noticed that a significant number of those who were registering were actually New Mexico voters. We saw 50 percent of the registrants were Democrats [and] 25 percent were swing voters. Thatâ€s 75 percent who were not Republican.”
Illegals shouldn't have voting rights, etc.  LEGALS if a citizen can vote,  and if I were a legal hispanic citizen I would not vote dem who caters to illegals and doesn't consider what a legal citizen completed to become a citizen.  Illegals who are working hold down wages for minorities as well.  Undocumented illegal people in the nation is not a good idea.   Many are criminals and bring in drugs.
(09-17-2019, 08:01 PM)BoyGenius Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 07:59 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 07:54 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: Thinks he has a shot with a message on immigration and trade.

“Your state lost 33 percent of its manufacturing jobs after NAFTA was signed. This was one of the great catastrophes and now we're replacing NAFTA with the brand new U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement... USMCA.”

Trump 2020 campaign press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said, “At the El Paso rally, we noticed that a significant number of those who were registering were actually New Mexico voters. We saw 50 percent of the registrants were Democrats [and] 25 percent were swing voters. Thatâ€s 75 percent who were not Republican.”
Illegals shouldn't have voting rights, etc.  LEGALS if a citizen can vote,  and if I were a legal hispanic citizen I would not vote dem who caters to illegals and doesn't consider what a legal citizen completed to become a citizen. Illegals who are working hold down wages for minorities as well.  Undocumented illegal people in the nation is not a good idea.   Many are criminals and bring in drugs.

That would be the logical response, but liberals aren't logical.
VERY TRUE....plus many legals are connected in ways to illegals and want them to stay and become citizens easily.  Hosing down the nation's populace with low skilled, some criminal element, and uneducated people is no way to make the nation better.
Jorge Ramos†daughter sounds alarm that Latinos are 'walking away†from Democratic Party

Paola Ramos warned that 'Democrats are losing' the Latino vote

zigbee insider political news.com

MSNBC contributor Paola Ramos warned that Latinos are "walking away" from the Democratic Party.
[Image: ramos.png?ve=1&tl=1]
During MSNBCâ€s "Morning Joe" on Friday, Ramos, the daughter of famous liberal Latino journalist Jorge Ramos, said that former President Donald Trumpâ€s 2020 campaign and that recent elections of several Hispanic Republican lawmakers indicate that "Latinas" are "walking away from the Democratic Party."

Ramos made her comments while promoting the upcoming episode of her political talk show, "Field Report," telling the MSNBC co-hosts that Latinas have been showing signs of ditching the Democratic Party for several years now.

"So I think the larger picture is that Latinas have been sending a message for the past four years, right? If you take a step back and you just look at 2020, Donald Trump won seven of the 14 counties along the U.S.-Mexico border, right?"

[Image: flores-final.png?ve=1&tl=1]
She added, "And he was able to flip two of those and he made significant inroads in places like the Rio Grande Valley."

Ramos then pointed to the special election victory of Republican congresswoman Mayra Flores, R-Texas., saying, "Fast forward to this summer, someone like Mayra Flores suddenly becomes the first Republican to win Hidalgo County in a hundred years.

She then mentioned how Republican Latinas are gaining even more momentum since that race. Ramos stated, "Fast forward to where we are now, weâ€re not just talking about Mayra Flores. Thereâ€s three Latina Republicans in South Texas, that are running for office that are completely transforming the dynamics of politics in Texas."

Because of this, she claimed the "hypothetical question of ‘Can the Rio Grande Valley – this stronghold for the Democrats, this majority Latino region – can a place like that suddenly become the region that gives Republicans this final push they need through the finish line?â€" is "no longer" hypothetical.

Ramos took care to note, "The point here isnâ€t really to sensationalize the story. Weâ€re not trying to say that Republicans are winning the national Latino vote. What weâ€re trying to say is that Democrats are losing it."

She added, "Latinos are sending a message and we need to listen."

Later in the segment, Ramos claimed that Latinos donâ€t want to just hear from Democrats about Republicans treating migrants harshly at the border. She said, "The myth is if you talk about migrants, you know, if you show these stories, then Latinas will vote for you. Thatâ€s not true. Latinas care about economy, they care about crime, they care about jobs, they care about education. Thatâ€s it."

[Image: AP20303618251253.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Ramos added, "They wanted to be talked to and spoken to the same way that Democrats would go out for any other vote.

She continued, "I think itâ€s a matter of at least if youâ€re looking at this story of Mayra Flores, at least matching that, you know, at least spending the resources, at least showing up and listening. And I think thatâ€s the story here. Latinas, as I said before, theyâ€re sending a message. Theyâ€re drifting away, theyâ€re walking away from the Democratic Party."
I had breakfast with a friend in Portland this morning who is Mexican…like very Mexican. Born in Juarez Mexican.

Her parents migrated legally when she was little because they saw the writing on the wall.

We talked about this a bit and she is convinced there will be a massive swing in a conservative direction by Hispanics in ‘24.

Even if that only amounts to +2-3 points that could be a big deal
(09-23-2022, 10:02 PM)Syncro Wrote: I had breakfast with a friend in Portland this morning who is Mexican…like very Mexican. Born in Juarez Mexican.

Her parents migrated legally when she was little because they saw the writing on the wall.

We talked about this a bit and she is convinced there will be a massive swing in a conservative direction by Hispanics in ‘24.

Even if that only amounts to +2-3 points that could be a big deal

The Senate races in Nevada and Arizona in November will be good indicators.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

HT, you arenâ€t wrong, but legal voting Hispanics are less driven by house and senate races as they are POTUS elections.

But agreed, it could be an interesting indicator
(09-23-2022, 10:13 PM)Syncro Wrote: HT, you arenâ€t wrong, but legal voting Hispanics are less driven by house and senate races as they are POTUS elections.

But agreed, it could be an interesting indicator

To rephrase it, if those two races go to the GOP this year, then it would definitely be a positive sign for Trump in 2024 in terms of the Hispanic vote in some key states.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

100% agree. I knew what you were saying!
Iâ€m not convinced a majority of Hispanics will vote blue by 24 (>50%), but the key will be the trending analysis over the previous 20 years, and therefore, what that might portend for the future.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Democratic candidate blames president as key group of voters turns to GOP: 'Didn't spend dime or day...'

Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales told Fox News Digital that Latino voters and candidates are the 'future of the Republican Party'

AUSTIN, Texas – Beto O'Rourke, who is facing off against Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott in November's election, said that the rightward shift of Latino voters in recent years is partly due to a disregard for the demographic by Democrats.

"Candidate Biden didn't spend a dime or day in the Rio Grande Valley or really anywhere in Texas, for that matter, once we got down in the homestretch of the general election," O'Rourke told a crowd at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin on Saturday. "You got to be locking eyeballs with the people that you want to fight for and serve and whose votes that you want to win."

Despite losing the 2020 presidential election, Donald Trump carried 38% of the Latino vote, a 13 percentage point increase over the level of support that Republican candidates received from that group in the 2018 midterm elections, according to Pew research data.

O'Rourke also said that Trump offered a "very strong, compelling economic message" during the last presidential election.

"It was literally one syllable one word, it was ‘jobs,†and he kind of offered a false choice: ‘I can either keep you holed up in your house during this pandemic, or I can open up all places of employment and prioritize the economy,'" O'Rourke said Saturday. "What did we have on our side? Nothing."

The trend appears to have continued in the past two years. Mayra Flores, the first Mexican-born congresswoman to serve in the House, flipped a House seat red during a special election in June for Texas' 34th Congressional District, which has historically been a Democratic stronghold in south Texas.

Two other Latina women – Cassy Garcia in the 28th Congressional District and Monica De La Cruz in the 15th Congressional District – are also running as Republicans in the upcoming midterm elections.

Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas, who represents a district that spans more than 800 miles along the US-Mexico border, said that the rightward shift of Hispanic voters will continue.

"We're going to be winning races that no one thought we'd win before. And how are we going to do it? By leaning into our conservative values," Gonzales told Fox News Digital on Saturday. "This is just the start of the future of the Republican Party. I'm excited to be a part of it."

Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales on illegal migrants at the border 'This is spreading, there is no end in sight'Video

Polls in recent weeks show O'Rourke as an underdog in his race against Abbott, but the Democratic candidate pledged not to make the same mistakes as others from his party.

"I am making sure that we do not commit the same sin as some Democrats before me have committed, which is to take voters of color, Black voters and Latinos, for granted," O'Rourke said Saturday.
The dems will win the hispanic vote, but the gop is chipping away at their lead.

The problem is that far too many central Americans have Marxist ideologies or are so poor right now that they'll vote for handouts or will chase the false promise from dems of naturalization.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump needs to go away K9Buck 1,252 32,501 Today, 03:02 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Houston DA went in to vote for herself but... K9Buck 4 84 03-08-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Chicago School Board vote unanimously to remove cops from schools ChinaBuck 21 234 02-28-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  Volcano near Mexico City erupts, releasing towering plume of ash computerbuck 0 44 02-22-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: computerbuck
  What is libertarian plan for US in terms of specifics to address issues zigbee 38 568 02-06-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  It's obvious that women shouldn't vote or hold leadership positions K9Buck 17 252 01-26-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Colleges now plan to just send acceptance letters to "poor people" davebucknut 2 108 11-05-2023, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Trump is an abortionist and I can't vote for an abortionist K9Buck 56 1,028 09-25-2023, 06:31 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Trump is an antagonist and I can't vote for an antagonist P1tchblack 45 645 09-19-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Trump is an accordionist and I can't vote for an accordionist P1tchblack 0 73 09-19-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack